Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from Welcome} Most reliable cruiser?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Beardedone, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Hi all, looking to get back into riding after many years out of the saddle, and looking for a reliable cruiser.
    Any suggestions on make and model would be most welcome.

2. There's only one decent cruiser on the market with dohc multi valve efi and that's night rod Harley Davidson. Awesome machine
  3. Not a big fan of Harley.
    I should have added I'm looking for a pre-loved cruiser.
  4. Either am I , go and test ride one. It ain't no harley mate. Porsche make the motor. It goes, stops and handles.
  5. Porsche helped design it but isn't it built by rotax? Either way its gotta be worth a look.... Or try a diavel if your into that sort of cash.
  6. I am happy with my Yamaha XVS650 Classic. I have no need for a bigger one but if you are doing long or continued freeway speeds I think a larger one would be a better idea. Cheaper than a Harley (lots of plastic) doesn't sound as good, looks good and low maintenance. (I still drool over a Harley)
  7. Any of the big Japanese ones should be relaiable, Kawasaki Vulcan, Yamaha V Star, Honda Shadow and Suzuki M or C models.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Thanks for the replies.
    Had a look at a Vulcan 1500 and was quite impressed. But guess I should check them all out and see what feels the most comfortable.
    I just would like to know if there are any common problems, and if one model is more reliable than the others.
  9. I think you will find they are all reliable and service is good. You will get the bad tales about all of them but in general they are all fine (Some people have problems with everything). Best thing is to check them out and find what YOU like and can afford.