Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from riding tips} [NSW] Will I get a ticket?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Justin Stacks, Aug 14, 2012.

  1. I went for a casual ride and accidently found myself on the Harbour bridge on my way to North Sydney. On my way back, I noticed the camera take a picture of my plate since I don't have an E tag.

    At the end of my ride, I noticed that my L Plate had broken off. Will RTA just issue me a toll notice or wil I also get a ticket for not having an L Plate on my bike?

  2. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    Plus, you'll almost certainly receive a fine in the mail for "Not display..."
    $734 and all your points, iirc...

    Nah, just kidding - don't sweat it, you'll be fine on the plate.
    But do what CJ says above, to avoid the hefty "admin fee" for posting out the toll notice.
  3. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    I have an E tag for my car. Can I just pay using that? I was on one of the M's a few weeks ago and received the $4.95 toll + $10 admin fee, but I paid using my tag and account # and the admin fee was waived.

    Also, I was in the bus lane when that pic was taken...is that a Bus Only lane, or a normal bus lane which bikes are allowed?
  4. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    Oh your transgressions get worse and worse! You had your pants down and you were mooning the camera too, right? ;)
  5. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    Now that would be freakin' hilarious! :rofl: Would you get a ticket for that?
  6. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    nah you'd be on today tonight
  7. Re: Will I get a ticket?

    while swerving to run over baby kitten..............i bet, what a rebel lol.

    You should be fine, just call them up and link your toll evasion antics with your existing TAG account, all you have to pay is the toll and no admin fee................then call up your TAG account holder and have your bike included, they only need your license plate number..............
    • Like Like x 1