Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from Riding Tips} 2003 GPX250R?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by EzRider23, Jul 21, 2014.

1. #1 EzRider23, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    And I was just wondering, since I'm getting my learners on this sunday, I don't know if I should buy a bike first before Sunday or buy the bike after I get my licenese (I failed my theory but not my prac test). I'm so excited to buy and ride my own motorbike!!

But I have a problem since I am going to be buying a second hand bike and I shopped around for few weeks already now. And I decided to get gpx250r and I tumbled across one on a website but It looked far too cheap to good to be true. And I was just wondering if you guys can take a look at the description and see if its dodgy or not...

And also any kind of tips after buying the bike is so much appreciated! (eg. Maintenance, which gears to be on when you are on 60km/h or 80km/h zones)

this is the bike that i've been eyeballing on

Bike 2003 Kawasaki GPX250R (Ex250f) Price $2,300*

Odometer 55,000 km
    Reg Expiry 7 Months - February 2015

Oh and I'm also only 171cm tall and 69kg in weight. One of my mates recommended me 500cc as beginner bike. I'm really confused now... should i start with 250cc or 500cc bike? and what are good ones to start with?

Thanks guys!
  2. A 250s a good start mate. The gpx , zzr , ninja 250 are all good bikes. Where u from , I've got a nice ninja 250 u can have for $3500