Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from Reviews} Suzuki VL250 Intruder

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by jclark90, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Ive had my suzuki since september 2013 and absolutly love it. Im a short person and can plant feet flat on the ground. Im having a slighg grinding noise in front end on the disc. I have pulled apart the caliper and cleaned out pistons for dust and grit. Put back together and still have same noise. Is the piston supposed to contract all the way back into caliper or just touching disc? The piston does work when the brake is applied but wont retract fully when brake released. SOME ONE HELP

2. #2 Bumblebeeman1150, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    How much friction material is left on the brake pads? It's common for the pads to drag very gently on the disc, giving a light scraping sound as you spin the wheel, but you don't normally hear this when you're riding. The clearance between disc and pad is very small but you seem to have done the obvious thing and checked for a sticking piston.

Hello, nice to meet you, by the way. Maybe an intro over in the Welcome section? The natives are mostly friendly, but since you're a woman, they'll act like 12-year-olds who've never seen an actual live woman... :popcorn:
  3. Haha I will steer clear of that then. I might take it to a mechanic just to to confirm its fine. Thankyou for your reply