Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from Mods} Need bike electrican in Sydney

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by nzmike, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #1 nzmike, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
    Hi all,

I need to get my Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS unit hard-wired into my '13 BMW F 700 GS but am utterly clueless about what I need or how to do it - so does anyone know of a bike technican/mechanic in Sydney (ideally as near to the CBD or Lower North shore as possible) that I can get to do it for me?

Before anyone asks, my BMW dealer won't do it as it's not an official BMW GPS unit (i.e: a BMW Navigator, which is just a Garmin 660 with a 'BMW' label instead of 'Garmin' and a $200 higher price tag - typical BMW!) and they charge like a wounded bull anyway.

I know this is probably not a complex job but my unit comes with no instructions about hard-wiring to the battery except to recommend a "qualified technician" does it and I haven't been able to find a good guide on doing this myself on the web.

Correct forum: Businesses and Service Providers.