Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Renting bikes

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by V-meister, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Hi all

Just wondering whether anyone knows if there are any bike rental services that are worth checking out?

I've been living overseas for a couple of years but coming home to visit and would love to hire a bike whilst I'm home. My mates all use their bikes almost daily so might need to look elsewhere.

Out of curiosity, have any of you ever rented your bike to a friend (or stranger!) - or would you?

I'm guessing insurance would be the biggest limitation in the above scenario...

Thanks in advance
  2. Bikescape on parra road Leichhardt, they even do deals on one way trips if you can get a bike to the required destination by the required time.

its a $5k deposit and the insurance is bundled into the hire rate IIRC. You can also pay a bit more to reduce the excess should the worst happen.
  3. U can rent my z1000 if u like
  4. Thanks basejumper, how much would you want to rent it for? Might actually consider it!
  5. Hi All, am just gonna piggyback off this thread without having to create a new one since it relates to hiring bikes.

I will be in Melbourne over the xmas break and would love to go for a ride with a few of my rider mates down in melbourne, any recommendations on places to hire a LAMS approved bike for a couple of days over a weekend (27-29th Dec 2013)

so far i found that garnersmotorcycles has a Honda CB400 on offer for $200 + $2000 bond for 1.5 days (Sat noon pick up and drop off on monday before 9 am)

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers :)
  6. We have spare bikes for our insureds that need them in case of the unexpected in Melbourne. You can rent them direct or from BikeMatch. They are of course fully insured.