Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Own a Hunter Motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Yelko, Jun 17, 2014.

1. #1 Yelko, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2014
    Hi All,

Does anyone own a Hunter Motorcycle?

I'm looking for a review from someone that actually owns one.

What's the bike like to ride?
    mileage per tank?
    Mechanical issues?

Anything feedback would help , I'm looking to buy either a Bobber or Daytona.

Thanks for your help.

Link: Bike reviews/questions/suggestions DO NOT belong in General

Read the forum descriptions before creating threads.
  2. From memory @Gatti@Gatti had one for a while. He got rid of it pretty quickly though as it wouldn't go round corners.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kind of like Womble on any motorcycle, wouldn't go around corners... :D
  4. Any time fella, any time you want.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I sat on one at the motor show...bloody uncomfortable! As for power? Well, it's a 250, so it will have limitations not being geared like a racer or anything. You probably wouldn't pass the cone weave test at HART but...its a chopper - would any of em??

IMHO a great looking bike (as I like the chopper look) & I looked at getting one when I was a learner but far FAR overpriced!
  6. Yep, it was crap around the twisties!

More concerning though was the fact it was literally rattling itself apart. The main bolts holding on the rear swing arm would unwind out by about 10 turns every few weeks!

They are poorly made Chinese crap and are really poorly built. My bike only had 4000k's on it, but there was a different problem each week.

Also, no decent bike mechanic would go anywhere near it even just for a service.

I learnt my lesson the hard way, so please take my advice and STEER CLEAR of Hunter Motorcycles!
  7. Saw one at the bike show last year. Looked cheap and nasty. Not the style of bike I like anyway so I didn't look any further. On their web site, the guy on the spyder looks like Valdermort from Harry Potter movies.
  8. Great ergonomics - able to be ridden with f*#k me boots
  9. Thanks guys,

What about Honda VLX 400 Steed bobber from Sumoto in Melbourne, has anyone ridden or owned one of these on this thread?