Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Need help with pants

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by TheMav, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Hi guys,

I used to wear kevlar jeans but had 2 issues with them. First, they were too cold, even with long johns on. Second, each time I came off the bike I would graze the same spot on my knee because they didn't have knee pads.

Other day I bought a pair of DriRider pants with built-in knee pads which were on sale at MCAS. Worst $80 I ever spent. These pants are warm and protective but do not allow your legs to breathe. Even with the thermal liner removed, my legs become extremely sweaty after about 20 mins every time I put them on.

I definitely don't want to buy another pair of fail pants but cannot spend more than say $200. What pants would you guys recommend for that ballpark?

2. Hi Mav
    Surely the bigger issue is to learn not to fall off so much, rather than concern yourself with what pants to buy.

But to your question; to keep out the cold wind, I would recommend leathers. Even with leathers I still wear long johns underneath. Here Melbourne weather can be very brrrr.
  3. Pair of cheap kmart/target/big w trackies under the jeans should help with the cold.
  4. Get a pair of RHOK jeans or cargoes. Member on this forum. Well protected. Has removable knee guards. Can personally vouch for their efficacy! Long johns a must for winter rides.
    • Agree Agree x 1