Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Hyosung GT650R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by emmz01, May 24, 2014.

1. #1 emmz01, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    Hi all,

I am looking at upgrading my current 125r for a hyosung gt650r.

Just wondering from other owners/riders what they are like and if they are good reliable bikes?

I have some old threads back from 07/09 but not recent.

<mod-edit> Link: Look here
  2. The new models get pretty good reviews mate. I have owned 2 hyosungs in the past. They are pretty cheap. $7k for a new one. If it were me I would look around for a ninja 650rl or er6 that's 12 months old for $7k odd
  3. I've owned an older GT250 and a newer GT650R. Experiences vary with owners, but I found both of these bikes to be unreliable, poorly built shitboxes. Avoid like the plague.
  4. A pity. The GT650R looks nice I reckon, but it only comes in the LAM's version as far as I know.
  5. The gt650r comes in both full power and lams version. The lams version has a throttle stop tack welded to the throttle body so u can't get full throttle. Easily removed if u want to ride the fastest "lams" bike there is. ;-)
  6. Yep agreed Tuna, the 650R looks pretty sweet for a LAMS bike. As basejumper said, the restricter can be removed easily enough. It's a shame really because the bikes are affordable and the 650R had nice torque to it, but then things started to play up (mainly electrical), PM me if you want any more info mate. The Hyo forum has some well document common issues with em.
  7. Doesn't this cause dramas with your CTP insurance and the like?
  8. If your going to derestrict one of these bikes on the sly don't say anything. It won't effect anything
  9. Thanks guys if they are that bad maybe il give it a miss. Pity as they look darn nice!!