Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Honda CBR250RR owners

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Saradiel, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Hello all. About to get a 1991 CBR250RR MC22. Just wondering who has had or still owns this bike? What do you think about it? And also, what mileage life can these bikes run? Thanks.

2. need more info, km? price? import? photos / general condition? etc etc

Honda reckons they will run to 100,000km, but unlikely the imports have genuine ODO's who knows

they have gear driven cams & very light pistons & clutch making them reliable, i have thrashed the crap out of mine & crashed it a couple of times at the track & it still runs great.

The cbr250rr is great on the track due to its light weight & short wheel base, but basic suspension & lack off torque let it down as a road bike.
    At ECRD you have to literally keep the revs between 16,000 & 18,000rpm!!! otherwise they bog down, in white group it can def hold its own against alot of the bigger bikes except down the straight where you will get smashed by everything.

No sticky rubber available for this bike anymore, I used Sport Demons a touring tyrs & they were literally smoking by the last lap of each session!

They have finally started to settle into a reasonable pricing bracket after LAMS allowed learners to rides bikes up to 650cc. hence $1500 to $2500 for 20 year old bike as opposed to $4-$7k, thats what they were selling for before LAMS.

However to be honest a gs500 would be a much better road bike, more torque & power as well as suspension.

Hope that helps.
  3. Please learn to put your threads in the right sub-forum.