Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Help deciding new bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Foggy1, May 4, 2014.

1. Hi All, i've moved to Brisbane and took my first ride up through the twisties and loved it. only problem was it was on my cruiser, so iam keen to get another bike. would like some ideas on what to consider.
    the criteria is as follows;
    * less than $6k
    * light, under 190kg or at least feels it
    * quick steering and strong brakes
    * grunty over revvy

also an injury has meant i cant have too much forward weight on my wrists.
    bikes have had in the past included; VTR1000, SV650, CBR600f, Thunderace, Thunderace

thanks in advance

2. Hayabusa

3. saw quite a few today, was thinking a busa might be a bit too much bike.

4. G.day
    Foggy1...Have you thought about a 2005 SV1000s.. I happen to know were one is forsale. My place lol. its up on this site. as for your wrists you could always put risers on,and I live here in Brisbane, very negotiable on price as well

5. no I had not thought of that, I once had a DL100o and loved the motor so certainly one to consider. I'll have a look at the for sale section, thanks mate

6. also may be a bit soon for me, got to get some funds together. where in Brisbane are you? feel free to pm me.

7. how to send PM lol I am still trying to work that out. new to netrider.:depressed:

8. Boronia Heights sorry near Greenbank RSL

9. you just click on member name and choose 'start a conversation'

10. Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
    A very underrated bike. Powerful, it handles and stops while still being comfy enough for long hauls.
    Or the naked ZXR12oo Heaps of grunt, handles ok on the road and can be had for under five G if you look around

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I like the look of andells sv1k, but would also throw an fz1 or Speed Triple into the mix.
    Both decent bikes with an upright riding position.

12. Er6?
    Versys?
    Fz6?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Put some renthal bars on a gsxr1000

• Agree Agree x 1