Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Harley Davidson 500cc details

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Fa1c0n, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Check it out:

I personally hate the thing.
    Does this mean people will stop calling my 1200cc a girls bike?

2. Depends. If the 'ladies of Harley' start riding these things, then it may.
  3. I just don't get it.

Why would HD do something like this and dilute their name? Short term profits for a long term dilution of the HD draw card.
  4. This is exactly what I thought too.
    I feel like they are going to stop being "Cool" when every learner is rocking around on a 500cc HD...

I certainly will look down on every single one that pulls up to me at the lights and hasn't done their time on a Yamaharley or Suzukidavidson...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gonna trade in my HD for a Triumph now.
  6. lol
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. It could be an attempt to break in to the market in India.

Which is what Triumph are doing with it's new 250.
  8. Looks like a great bike. Not everyone wants to ride a 2 wheeled truck.
  9. Asia in general. Much of Europe too. The big hardleys are very rare in Asia.

I wanted to like this bike, but it's got too much against it for my money.
  10. So if they stop being cool, all that's left is the harsh reality they are agricultural equipment that can't get around corners?

I'd be upset too :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Looks interesting, hope it does well. I prefer a sport bike to a Harley, but there's this bloke at work who calls my bike a "Skirt Bike". He ownes a Harley and has never been over 80 kph on it. So to answer that question, someone will still call you bike a girls bike.
    • Agree Agree x 1

12. EXACTLY! Now you know how I feel!
  13. Damn.... Harley Riders like that give me a bad name.

I swear I keep up with sport bikes! Lol.
    We aren't all fat old men.
  14. Looks alright.

Now learner riders can chuck a straight pipe on it and blip the throttle in stop/start traffic so that everyone knows that they're around.... Or maybe that only happens in the Eastern Suburbs.
  15. Interesting move with the water cooling - harley purists will hate it.

You seem like you're going to great lengths to prove yourself to an audience that doesn't really care what or how you ride. Not having a go at you - just saying. FWIW I think your bike is pretty rad, but still a girls bike :p
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Brand association & loyalism. Some people only ever want to ride a Harley, now they can do that as soon as they get their license. Same way some people start on a Ninja 300 & only every buy Kawasakis after that.

Builds future customers for Harley, which they need, because their current ones are getting a bit long in the tooth :ROFLMAO:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. any word on pricing?
  18. Yep, but they'll have to get used to it. Although it's not water cooling, it's twin cooling ;)

Their 2014 models include it, as does the VROD.
  19. Says MR Victory rider. :p
    Question, how often do you get "Nice Harley mate!" or "Oh, is that a Harley?"

All good man, just having a joke. :)

20. $7000 USD I think.