Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Hand signals

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by seanikans, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Hi Guys, i read on a facebook group a week or 2 back that opening and closing your fist at another rider is to inform them that their indicator is on. This got me thinking, are there any other common hand signals that are used in the biking community?

2. Forget about it, 9 out of 10 riders won't know what the hell your on about.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I ride a 1968 lambretta with no indicators so my hand signal to say my indicator is on is to just stick it out the side I want to turn..

To turn it off I just pull it back in again.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. They will work it out eventually, hopefully before a car pulls out in front of them.
  5. Excellent question.

Yes there are.
  6. Pedant ;)

7. Like these ones Papa Smurf?

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Ooooppppss..

Wrong search string.....I think this is more apt.

9. Hmmmm Not sure about the two sparkplugs, one windshiled signal. Don't think I would be wanting to grab my plugs while riding.

Although having see your plugs BitSar, I can understand why you might.
    • Funny Funny x 1

10. Funny bastard :D
  11. Wow tough crowd

Two that are worth knowing are either the index finger twirl or else tapping the top of your helmet meaning the constabulary are about.
  12. I've always liked this one...

13. It has been asked before so a search would reveal all. I am normally not so pedantic about it and usually try to assit the noobs, but I guess it was my turn.