Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA {Moved from General} Fairings required for Identity check?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by nozila, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I was just curious to those who know. Does a fairing bike needs its fairings on to pass its ID inspection and consequently rego?

I have a sports bike that has all its fairing except the belly pan and was wondering if they would knock me back for not having one on.

Im in South Australia although experiences from riders from other states are welcome.

2. Can't see them knocking u back for that mate
  3. Not really, they are not mechanics and can not say the bike is unroadworthy as long as you have a roadworthy cert or what ever they call it in your state blue slip or something, then you will be fine
  4. SA doesnt have blue or green slip.
  5. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than me @Justus@Justus can correct me (I'm sure he will), but I don't see how missing fairings will hinder the ID inspection. Maybe colour change?
  6. Not familiar with requirements in SA, however elsewhere the absence of fairing(s) does not make the vehicle unsafe for normal use on the road.

Link: Roadworthiness requirements