Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} Exhaust differences ER6N/Ninja 650

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Naked6, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Does anyone know if the headers from a 2011 backwards ER6N/Ninja 650 are the same diameter as the 2012 onwards? I know they made it a single piece exhaust from 2012, but the headers look the same apart from the fact they were welded to the muffler. I know the muffler was upgraded for 2014 (just a new baffle, I think), but it's still one piece and preventing me from using a slip on instead of buying a whole exhaust which I'm pretty sure also requires the power commander etc.

Much easier if i could just grab a set of older headers and use a slip on but if the headers have a smaller internal diameter I'd rather not do it.

Justus: Please get to know the forums before creating discussion threads. Topic does not belong in General. Try: Technical & Troubleshooting Forum.

2. Smaller diameter isn't necessarily a huge problem - might make a fraction of a % difference at top end revs and WOT, but anything partial, the smaller diameter is likely to have improved gas flow rate characteristics. Something to think about anyway.
  3. This is true.

But wouldn't that have the same effect of throwing out the airflow and make me also need a power commander?