Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{moved from General discussion} Time for a new bike..

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by josh_182, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Hi guys, have just sold my 2006 gsxr 1000 as I never got to the track and am a weekend warrior on the roads with a few commutes during summer, I'm pretty much set on a 2008 onwards speed triple barring me loving the yamaha mt 09 I will test ride in the coming weeks. I'm just tossing up kilometres and how much they matter, there is a 2009 speed triple with micron exhausts in seemingly good condition locally with 20000km's on the clock and $9500 negotiable, being from tassie I have also looked at bikes in Victoria and there is an immaculate black 2008 model with a termignoni exhaust and only 4000km's, the guys is asking $11900, even if I could get it for $10500, it'd still cost $12000 by the time all the paperwork and airfares and ferry are sorted. The really low km's appeal but the extra cash is tough to swallow, I'm very impatient :p .... What would you do, get the bike with really low km's in showroom condition or the well ridden but still not abused model or option 3 wait it out and buy local when the right bike does finally appear? ( if ever :| )

2. Low Ks

3. Even if its a hassel I still go out of my way to buy a low klm bike every time and don't mind paying a bit more for it.

4. In terms of the bike itself that amount of kms means nothing IMO.
    They'll probably ride exactly the same unless one has been mistreated.
    What DOES matter is the knock on effect on resale value, and how far away from a major service each bike is.

My own rule of thumb is deduct roughly $1000 of value for every 10,oookm on the odo and/or every year older.

5. Get a Z1000

• Agree Agree x 1