Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

{Moved from General} 2004 sr400 lost keys

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by fazdawg, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Hey All,

I lost my key today in a Sydney cab.

Lucky the bike is parked inside the garage at mum and dads place and i didn't put the wheel lock on.

Im not sure if the key was an immobiliser key or not, but im guessing i cant get another key cut from taking the barrel to a lock smith because of the immobiliser.

Does anyone know the fastest way to replace the key / barrel or any good lock smiths?

2. I guess you don't have the key number tag?
  3. Do you have a little light on your binnacle that flashes when the key is out ? Some do only flash for an hour or two after your key is removed. It's programmable.
    Even so there are locksmiths here now with the stuff to read the code...if you have an ignition lock out...immobilizer.
    If not drain your tank and take it down to them and they can cut a key for that. But then he will have to come to your house and cut the last cut on the key..which will be a 1, 2 or 3. Cause the ignition always has that one more cut than the tank.
    Usually the easiest way, pulling the ignition out sucks
  4. No number tag unfortunately
    i dont have the stock speedo anymore but it does flash when i take the key out. Looks like i will need to jump on the phone tomorrow and call some locksmiths. I wonder if i can lose the immobiliser and put a older style barrel on...?