Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mounting top-box on ventura rack

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by megaphat, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Hey guys. I'm getting a ventura rack for my bike, so I don't need to put stuff on my back. But I'm also interested in getting a lockable top box, so I can just chuck my stuff in there and forget about it.

However there aren't any boxes which mount on the bike. I noticed that quite a few scooter boxes seem to have a generic clamp/bracket which bolts through a rack and holds the box in place. Would it be feasible to mount one of these on a ventura rack? Anything I have to worry about?

2.  Top
  3. I've mounted Givi boxes on Ventura racks before. Two racks actually, the first one busted. I welded some extra supports on the second one, and then that one busted too. I wouldn't bother with it.

4. Not strong enough? Damn.

Its pretty unlikely i'm going to get an alternative rack, as they ceased making the cibby in '96.

Might just have to get a bag and put a lock on the zipper...