Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mounted camera for Dirtbike

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by llmoose, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I'm sorry if this is lying somewhere obvious I had a quick look and couldn't find anything related to it.

My brother loves his dirt bike riding and I want to get him a camera that he can mount to the bike to record his travels for xmas. After some googling and eBaying I have found there are lots of types in all shapes and sizes. I was hoping you guys can point me in the right direction as which ones are decent and reliable.

It doesn't need to be HD quality but still a reasonable quality. Looking to spend around $100, $150 at a big stretch but would prefer around or under $100.

Thanks for you help!
    EDIT: Sorry one other thing, I'm in Melbourne so if there is a brick & Motar store I can walk into it would be great.
  2. You want a helmet cam on a dirt bike.
  3. Just some quick googling came up with this one;

It's right at the top of my budget but seems good for what it is.

Anything better for the price? Am I right in assuming all the ebay ones are going to be crap?
  4. this is the kinda thing ive been looking for, something cheaper than gopro but better than those crappy ebay ones

4 white light LED and 4 infrared LED for night mode
    i wonder what thats like lol

i might have to give it a try
  5. I was about to post the ALDI one, I will probably get it if I don't already have the Contour. The best thing about ALDI is the 60 days return policy, so you can buy with confidence.

Regardless of brands, action cameras are always limited by battery life, so the downside of this one is non-replaceable battery. Then again, I doubt many people has spare batteries ready anyway, and you can always wire up the USB to a 12V source (need 12V to 5V converter).
  6. Yeh me too just have to wait till saturday and hopefully they'll have them in stock. Its only $80 when I get it I'll get some footage and then try and figure out how to post a video
  7. chest mount a go pro and its awesome.
  8. Just looking at the Aldi one, it doesn't look like it comes with a helmet mount, can anyone confirm?
  9. it has a strap and a bike mount cant see a helmet mount, could always duct tape it to your head ????