Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorjet, Mordialloc

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by jessica, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MOD: Repeat after me and write it out 1000 times
    I must not post topics in all CAPS. It is considered rude and shouting.

Hey - Has anyone been in contact with the guys from Motorjet this year?

I've been trying to call their number - 9580 0298 - all year and haven't had an answer. Does anyone know if they're still trading?

They have my bike, it was getting a RWC and it was ready just before Christmas, however, I couldn't pick it up till early this year.

I guess I'll have to just go down there, but it's a big trip for me That normally involves getting time off work,so that's why I've been trying to call to confirm a time.

If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated! I have posted this on CBR250-com too.

2. Hmm.... very odd.... I just did a quick search on yellowpages and they still have a listing - albeit with the same phone number you've provided.

The following is the info I pulled off ASIC's website (They are trading as "Motor Jet" as a registered business in Victoria):

Extracted from ASIC's database at AEST 12:02:12 on 04/02/2008
    ACN 100 828 359

Type Australian Proprietary Company, Limited By Shares
    Registration Date 06/06/2002
    Next Review Date 06/06/2008
    Status Registered
    Locality of Registered Office Mordialloc VIC 3195
    Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission

These are the documents that ASIC has most recently received from or in relation to this organisation. Page numbers are shown if processing is complete and the document is available for purchase.
    Date Number Pages Description
    29/06/2004 020512371 1 909 Notice of Address of Branch Register
    17/01/2003 10082835M 3 316L (AR 2002) Annual Return - Proprietary Company
    29/07/2002 017552978 42 309A Notification of Details of a Charge

.... Which indicates that the business is still running.

Nothing has come up on a google search either.

Maybe try call connect first? It may be that they have simply changed their phone number without notice. Failing that, drive down. Failing that, contact a consumer complaint ombudsman.

Good Luck and let us know how you go.
  3. If I get time, I'll try cruise past for ya Jess.
    Do you know what time they would normally close shop?
  4. Sign on the front door says re-open Mon 4th Feb but due to workshop modifications business will not be operating to full capacity!
  5. Did you end up getting it back ok mate?