Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorist vs Courier

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by Kaer, Jan 30, 2006.

1.  Top
  2. People suck. We should all be shot.

3. What a crazy bugger....

I would have to have a bloody good reason to act like that in public.

4. She did cause $1000+ worth of property damage over spilt food...

5. I think there might be lesson in this for all the wannabe heroes that dream of taking on car drivers and kicking off rear view mirrors. (or even speeding up everytime a car attempts to overtake, you know who you are)

6. http://www.citynoise.org/article/2770

Leah: 27th Jan 2006 - 22:45 GMT

Hello all! I am the girl in the pics. My name is Leah and although I am a courier, I was WALKING my bike up Agusta when the incident took place. He was driving and opened his door (while driving) and yelling profanities he threw his beef patty on a bun out of his door. I walked over to his car, and right or wrong, I opened the door and "gave" him back his food (which he MUST have dropped by accident!) He then lost it, and jumped out of his car and threw 2 large Timmies at meand then grabbed me by my helmet and tried to toss me around a bit.It was at that point that my bike lock key (that I wear on a bracelet around my wrist) scratched his car. I have read all the postings about people sympathetic to the car driver due to the expense of repairing the scratch but sorry folks, i doubt that it will cost him anything to repair as it was a 1.2cm mark in the clearcoat only(did not damage the paint) but regardless a scratch none the less. Then with some "encouraging" from some helpfull bystanders he got in his car and drove away...or so I thought! People were comming up to me and saying that I should have him charged but at that point I just figured I had made my anti-littering point and and eye for and eye with the coffee shower, I mean I did throw that patty right. But just as I was getting on my bike to ride home he came running back and thats when the photos start. He had driven half a block and decided that the scratch was worthy of a more thorough beating I guess.
    Now for a bit of clarity on a couple of things...
    The blonde girl is his girlfriend...she also makes a pretty good shield from an angry mob!
    I was NOT punching anyone! especially not with keys in my hand! I was just trying to save my bike (I just built it a week ago!!)
    And as for the police charging him....
    He took off in his car as soon as he heard the sirens....they chased him down but it is not a crime to leave the scene. They were going to charge him with a variety of things including assult with a weapon x2, mischief x2, aggravated assult, etc, but the police informed me that if I went ahead and placed those charges then they would have to charge me with mischeif for the scratch.
    So in the interests of good karma (and my own sanity) I have opted to "let it go" and allow the universe to repay this angermanagement case in its own way.
    And finally to those who say that i must have had a sudden case of self ritousness in regard to littering.....YOU ARE WRONG! I hate littering and NEVER do> In fact I am constantly picking up litter and make my son pick up litter at the park. I just feel that it is such a fixable issue in the world today. If everyone would not throw their own piece of litter then there would be none!! What a concept eh!?
    enjoy the beautiful winter riding!

7. i thought australia didnt give citizens the choice to "press charges" or not. if a crime was committed then charges were "pressed" whether the victim was willing or not :?

8. Without the main wittness I don't think they could charge him. So being a wittness or making the statement might be optional?

9. Yeah, but the above story happened in canada :)

10. :roll:

Why do we keep giving lethal weapons to people with anger management issues? I've come under threat from NUTS like this dude too. Wish there was more we could do with 'em. :p

And good on her for throwing his rubbish back at him. It's just fcuking lazy tossing trash out the car window, but people do it all the time (smokers, I'm talking to you! :p)

11. i dont think its in OZ i think its in Canada

12. Not at all, I have witnessed a situation where several 'off duty' (this was debateable) police witnessed a brutal assault and did nothingto stop it occuring until it was over.
    No assault charges were laid as the victims decided that it was in their best interest not to press charges and the police would not do it without statements from the victims (even though they had witnessed the entire altercation).
    The perpurtrators ended up with disturbing the peace type charges and a slap on the wrist.
    (The injuries were serious and one victim had to have corrective surgery).

13. Whoever was right or wrong in this, that guy needs to be reminded that you dont hit women, preferably by someone fighting in his weight range.

I know this may be old fashioned but to me its still one of those golden rules, i wonder if he would have been such a hero if it had been a bigger male courier.

14. I believe that you should never hit a lady.

I've never had to, but I've seen some pretty feral women inflicting real damage on men, with nails, jewellery, knives etc for no good reason apart from being psycho, or drunk, or both. If one ever tried that crap with me, I'd have no hestitation in slapping them down. In self defence of course.

Applies flame retardent gel and fireproof suit.

P.S. I reckon this guy WAY over-reacted to the situation, and has obvious anger management issues. But the chick shoulda minded her own business too. Was it worth the hassle over some biodegradable litter, that the birds would have cleaned up anyway?

15. Spilt food ????

Sorry but throwing anything out the window while driving is extremly dangerous, waht happens if there was a motorbike and the fat greasy burger lands on your helmet ??? Imagine the hot coffe hitting you in the neck.

It's hard enough worrying about the cagers trying to run you down, now if they start throwing things at us ...

Nic

16. true true, but reading her supposed account of the situation it sound entirely like she's painting the picture very much from her own point of view. just playing devils advocate here... The guy was clearly a dick.

17. I don't litter and I understand the cager shouldn't be littering but the courier was asking for trouble when she "gave" him back his food.

I think both people are in the wrong.

18. This one looks like a case for Judge Judy.
    Just the two perfect self-righteous slackjawed idiots needed to make a great show.

19. She just did something that a lot of us would like to do. ie give idiots their sh*t back! But now she realises why we don't give in to our impluses.

I agree that he shouldn't litter. Littering sh*ts me to tears but nowdays you have got to be carefull about how you look at some people let alone stir them up! Common sense should have said "this might not be a great idea"

Thats why most of us don't really kick mirrors off etc, etc, when cagers do very silly things on the road. I for one would love to do the "pipe behind the screen thing" but common sense tells me "Hey! are u crazy? do you WANT to go to Gaol?" So I just abuse them from behind my helmet. I've had toss bags try and chase me because they didn't like being told their driving sucks!

Thats the fun of riding a bike!