Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcyclist gone crazy!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by gguru, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Click bait haaaaah

Anyway today while I was doing my daily 10km walk (since I lost my license) i saw some old motorcycle rider (not gonna specify about how old lol so noone gets offended) riding an old school cafe racer styled bike with an open face helmet. I see him in the distance and I say to myself "damn that's a nice beard his got, perfectly trimmed" then as soon as he comes closer I see duct tape around his mouth shut tight probably wrapped around his head 3-4 times. So my question is, is this a normal thing for open faced helmet riders or what? I'm assuming it's to keep out the unexpected visitors

2. Either that or he had just escaped from Hannibal Lecter.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Probably to hold his teeth in

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I'm guessing he's taken some bad acid.

At least that's why I ended up with duct tape wrapped around my face last time.

....I'm sure it made sense at the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. "Bring out the gimp"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Broken helmet strap????

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I've never thought of that to be honest, but why around the mouth? And I'm sure he ripped half his hair out by the time he got off the bike

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. #9 69SIM, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Back when I was first riding in Sydney I had an old open faced helmet that my brother gave me... Well one day it started hailing and in order to not have my face pelted with hailstones I wrapped a work sock around my head to cover my nose and mouth... It was a toss up between the sting of hail or the smell of my sweaty work sock :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Stick more tape non-sticky-side-to-skin on the inside of the tape on the section across the beard and voila! No budget waxing for you.

11. I'd rather burn my beard off with a lighter and fuel

• Like Like x 1