Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Motorcyclist Crackdown all over 7 news tonight

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Freeform, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. One, yes that ride just one retard out of the thousands and thousands of motorcyclists in Victoria has been caught at 80kph over the speed limit on Lygon st.

This has given the police force the excuse they need for some more prejudice and slandering of motorcyclists for the week (in the name of safety of course).

Images of motorbikes being pulled over and the riders giving their licence were shown on 7 news, without a single interview from one of the riders, painting a negative picture for motorcyclists, and a good one for the police.

If you were planning on taking the bike our tonight, take the car or public transport unless you don't mind being scrutinised and pulled over. Be prepared to be pulled over even more over the upcoming weeks as well, 'randomly' of course.

They have called it, "Operation Traction" or some such nonsense.

The government and police force has truly lost a grip on the realities of life, and their priorities, especially comparing our country to the rest of the world. Makes me laugh. Its beyond a nanny state now, and something far more sinister.

Stay safe out there.

edit: Tonight they will be targeting Carlton and its surrounds apparently, marked and unmarked.
  2. I just realised Joe started a similar thread this morning, this is on the same topic but it was on the news, my apologies.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.