Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcyclist chased down and injured in road rage attack

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by quietman, Sep 12, 2010.

1. http://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...road-rage-attack/story-e6frfku0-1225918814369

That's pretty pretty bizarre behaviour. 8-[

2. And kids, this is why we dont take steroids

3. Sounds like he tried to frame the motorcyclist for damaging the car...and witnesses pulled up for him.

And kids!

ATGATT! - Saves against more serious knife attacks too, LOL.

4. He smashed his own windows? Classy :D

5. naah, that's pretty normal around my way.
    that's why i purchased my slingshot.
    just trying to figure out a way to mount it to my tankbag now

6. The f-wit cuts off the bike rider, attacks him with a knife then smashes 3 of his own car windows. Sounds like he was on drugs. Lets hope they throw the book at him.

7. This article is also on the Heraldsun website. . . .
    BUT it is also in the Sunday Herald Sun this morning (pg19) with a way different story.

In todays SHS they have passer-by video of the Burly Biker actually kicking in the windows of the car. he is not wearing any protective gear, however in another photo he is shown being subdued by cops and his helmet and jacket are laying on the ground near his GSX-R. The pics are good enough for the rider to be easily recognised.

The story infers that after a road incident the two parties pulled over, the cage driver got out brandishing a knife and attacked the rider cutting his hand. The rider retalliated and the driver ran off. The rider then took to the car and smashed windows and mirrors.

Will the real story please stand up.

8. Do you have links, Dazzler?

9. Had a vaguely similar but (but unrelated) incident in Brunswick Street last Friday:
    I, on borrowed scooter, chased and chickened by a carload of idiots who then did the same to two other bikes. Then at the stop lights a passenger got out ran up to guy on bike (cruiser), and threatened him with a knife. Green light came at just the right time.
    I'm sure it was a different driver, but that implies the behaviour is becoming more commonplace.

10. I am reading the old fashioned newspaper (page 19). Can't find anything online yet other than the original post link?

11. Looking at the video stills in the paper the "real" story appears to suggest that the rider kicked the crap out of the car.

As for his protective gear there's a long shot showing an helmet and other stuff on the nature strip near the bike.

12. well it's just that you said video, i thought you meant you watched one.

13. I can understand that LC, poor words on my part, sorry.

14. OK Official VicPol report...

It sounds like he smashed the windows after the guy got out the knife...

Man injured after traffic dispute

Saturday, 11 September 2010 18:50

A motorcyclist has been taken to hospital after receiving laceration wounds to his hand following an altercation with the driver of a car in Elwood this afternoon.

Police are trying to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the incident but have been told the driver of a Holden commodore sedan cut off a motorcyclist on Ormond Esplanade near Glenhuntly Road just before 4pm.

Both vehicles continued on toward St Kilda before pulling over on Marine Parade just before Point Ormond Avenue where the male driver of the vehicle got out of his car, believed armed with a knife, to confront the motorcyclist.

A 33-year-old motorcyclist from Noble Park North received injuries to his right hand in the altercation before he chased the driver, who fled the scene.

It appears the rider returned to the car involved and smashed three of its windows and two side mirrors from the vehicle.

Two females in the car at the time of the incident where not injured and are currently assisting police with their inquiries.

The injured rider was taken to the Alfred hospital for treatment to his injuries.

Police arrested the driver of the car, a 20-year-old from Keilor Downs about 7pm at apartments in St Kilda after continuing to investigate.

He is currently assisting police with their inquiries.

Police are appealing for anyone with information or anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au.

Senior Constable Julie-Anne Newman
    Media Officer
    VP5036/2010

http://www.vicpolicenews.com.au/more-news/4940-man-injured-after-traffic-dispute.html

15. I lold.

How big would the biker have to have been?

Smashing a cars mirror is one thing, but the window?

There is a mutant biker with super powers on the loose.

16. My cynicism is vindicated.

17. Fark me. What's the place coming too. You go for a ride, get in a punch up. Go for a surf, get in a punch up. Go for a drink......
    No wonder the po po have had enough and are out coming down on anyone having fun. 700 arrests last night nation wide, when they have publicized the blitz all week.
    I know i'm an old fossil and could never get in a paper bag let alone fight my way out of one but sheeeezus WTF is going on ??????

18. Judging by the pics in the paper, he's a big boy alright, shaved head, tatts. . . no wonder the knife weilder ran away and left the car and two female passengers behind.

one of the photos has his foot smashing through the LH front window and being watched by a bystander, maybe one of the occupants now out of the car.

19. He's a big boy alright Daz. The action shot of the foot going through the LHS passenger window is a decent old kick!!!

How about the hole in the rear drivers side window.... fist sized???

Glad Morbo and my situation didnt go like this one!! Story for another time.

'They're R1's right??'

20. I've had a bottle thrown at my head by some drunks at a bus stop while riding on Barrenjoey road on a Saturday night.. Pretty much ended my night riding.