Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Wreckers

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by bullet21, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Anyone know a good wrecker where i might be able to get cheap parts for a zzr250? Instead of having to pay an extra 200 dollars for the exact same thing at a dealer.

2. 1st things 1st, there is no such thing as a good wrecker, they are all thieves.

They will sell well used parts often not much better than what you are trying to replace, for 75% of the new cost.
  3. Mate... Use findapart.com.au

They will all email you with prices and availability, best place to start your search.
  4. In agreeance with the above post, www.findpart.com.au otherwise in Vic you really only have 1 option and that's Vic Bike Wreckers and if you call re a part and get Keith (owner of the business) on the phone then you're screwed as you'll be paying not far from new for any part.

Plenty of other wreckers around but 99% of the time they'll tell you to call the above as they don't have the part.
  5. zzr are cheap and easy to get parts for dont sweat it,
    get an online directory of wreckers in your area and ring them one by one

google is your friend

6. Highly recommend findapart.

Might I add that I put "netrider" as 'other' for the "where did you hear about us" field everytime i used the site.... netrider is now listed as an option :)

edit: what parts are you after?
  7. cool look into it, im after the brake light cover and the left hand mirror.
  8. Dandenong Motorcycle Wreckers .. 97933758
    Tell'em Vinnie sent ya, they'll look after you
  9. cheers guys, i used Findapart and it was excellant i now have the parts. Got them from Victorian motorcycle recyclers.