Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle transport

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by bulby, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I've tried searching but can't seem to find any.

I've just recently got my L's. And being very new, I'm not sure if I should ride the bike home myself. I live in Point Cook, and most dealers and private sellers are in the CBD, eastern or south-eastern suburbs.

So.. Anyone knows any bike movers they'd recommend? Or are they all pretty much the same?

Cheers.

p.s. I'm on my L's for the cage too *hides*

2. Can ask someone to ride it home for you.

3. ask the dealer to deliver it for you.

4. x2 - if you are going to buy from a dealer then get them to deliver it, if you are buying privately then have the seller drop it round and arrange someone to give them a lift home.

5. Thanks, guys. Bought a GS500F from Yamaha City and getting them to deliver it for me :)

Paperwork's done, but the bike's still with them. They'll call me on Monday to arrange delivery. So I guess it's another few more sleepless nights for me...

6. Congrats on the purchase, bulby! But riding out from the dealership on your own bike is an awesome feeling as well but then again, having such a beauty being delivered is also fun.

What color did you get?

7. Black and white, K9 model. I think it's this bike. Same color scheme, same pipe, but slightly different description. So I'm not sure. But if it's not the same bike, then they must be twins ;)

Not too confident about riding the bike all the way from the city to Point Cook, unfortunately. And yesterday's strong winds certainly didn't help with my confidence. That experience will just have to wait until I get my second bike :D

8. :D nice colors. Yeah, the winds were a bit rough yesterday. Our whole group felt that on the west gate bridge and the freeway at the start of the ride but it got better after that. Not a good feeling but easy to get used to.

...bring on the second bike! I love it when we start planning on the second one.