Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Motorcycle transport driver

Discussion in 'Employment' started by PBMT, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all,

It's been quite a few years since I posted here, so I'm not too sure if I'll be familiar with you. I've got a potential employment opportunity I'd like to share. The role is based in Melbourne's NE suburbs and has a few prerequisites:

-Full motorcycle licence - preferably 5+ years experience
    -Truck licence - MR or higher
    -Interstate driving experience - car or truck

The job involves any or all of the following:

-Pickup and delivery of motorcycles and other goods in and around Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and other regional locations
    -Handling all types of motorcycles from scooters to Honda Goldwings to quads and trikes
    -Using street directories and GPS for navigation
    -Driving small and large vans, medium to large trucks with and without trailers
    -Loading/unloading using ramps or hydraulic loaders
    -Taking payments with an EFTPOS machine
    -Overnight accommodation away from home in truck beds or hotels
    -Planning trips and sequence-loading
    -Liaising with POC's at pu and del
    -Working outside of normal hours
    -Other tasks as necessary

Training will be provided for all aspects of the job, however, a thorough understanding of vehicle maintenance, preparation and use will put the applicant in a favourable position.

Pay is above the award wage and expectations are commensurate to the responsibility of the job.

The job is not for everyone but will be very enjoyable for the right person. The position will start on a casual basis and is anticipated to move to full-time.

If you're interested, please forward your résumé to admin@pbmt.com.au
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 289358_249355751754622_750950_o. 919556_563597460330448_1850837505_o. 1620707_692977684059091_991861644_n.

• Like Like x 2
  3. [​IMG]
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. #4 RRdevil, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
    Saw a nice cbr1000rr repsol written off at Phillip Island last week. Was pristine too. Now has a massive frame dent
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. The pictures of trucks help me visualise the job better.

I hope they will also assist potential applicants...
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Well I happened to notice that literacy skills weren't part of the criteria. So maybe the pictures are for those who can't read well?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Indeed... Onya @Quo Vadas@Quo Vadas and @Justus@Justus for helping the alphabetically challenged :)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Literacy skills are a requirement for life, along with a whole host of other attributes that go unsaid. Unfortunately, some people see basic life skills as remarkable skills. I am impressed with the pictures supplied by the resourceful other users though
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Ain't that the truth !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.