Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle training works

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by gix750, May 7, 2006.

1. Have been riding for a long time now but decided to do the HART training course. Well all I can say is thank God because the skills learnt came in handy the other day. The close call was my fault really as I was riding hard in-between traffic and as I was a car decided to change lanes. It was a quick indicate no looking and over the driver went. Wow I am going to have my first accident, hit the front brakes they locked slightly so I backed off and squeezed again then I counter steered hard to avoid the car. I did it got around and sped off driver must have craped him or herself I was so high from the adrenalin.
    I should of released the brakes more as I counter steered as it made the steering heavy but all in all the training worked. I'll take it a little slower next time safer that way.

2. Good to hear you came out of it ok. :cool: In sticky situations I think you can be excused for a little bit of brake locking :p

The joys I have to look forward too in 5 weeks.... and counting :grin:

3. I spent yesterday throwing the CB600 around the Tullamarine HART training grounds during Intermediate training (level 6 & 7). End of the day I was scraping the pegs, hoisting the front under acceleration and having an absolutely bloody ripper of a time honing the refined skills picked up on the day.

Even if you aren't interested in or don't think you can learn anything just head out there for the pure fun of at your own pace session of the last half of the day which incorporates all the things they’ve gone though before lunch. It will put a stupidly large toothy grin on your face and an absolute zest for life into your tired old bones. But once the adrenaline wears off you'll collapse in bed and go out like a light.

4. Hey everyone,
    What is the course like. I havent dealt with HART befor so Im not sure if it would be worth it.
    I went with armstrongs and I found that they taught me a lot about stearing and saftey along with thr required course information for both my Ls and then Ps.
    Is there anyother courses that people would recomend for a person really wanting to hone in there skills.