Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Topboxes Australia

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by tohster, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Hi all, I am a newbie at this, but hoping someone could help me please.
    I recently (Sep 08) ordered a rack and topbox from MTA (a listed partner of this website), but still have not received the goods. I have been trying to contact them, but my phone messages have not been returned, and the 1300 number is no loinger connected. Does anyone know what happened to these guys, or how I can get in contact with them now?
    Confused consumer

2. Hi Smee ,
    Thanks for that, but the website, fankly, is useless. I don't think it's been updated for some time now. Especially as Dan was talking about having new versions of the boxes when I last spoke to him [Dec 08] - don't you think that would be something that would be they would put on the website.
  3. A quick search on the web found this;

Looks like Daniel Mumby is the man that you need to locate.

He seems to be employed by this mob;

A business in Laverton.

Daniel Mumby
    Senior Consulting Partner

P.O. Box 405

Telephone: 03 9395 8549
    Fax: 03 9395 6638

Information: Mobile 0409 789 729

He also seems to be connected to;
    58 Lancaster Drive Point Cook Victoria 3030 Australia.

Telephone: 03 9395 8549

Which is the same registered address at the Pallet And Logistics Management company.

Hope that helps a little.
  4. this is not an isolated experience

my best friend ordered may last year her top boxes and ended up only the last month or so finally getting her money back.

She ordered because they were listed as a recommended place through the Ulysses club

She has since heard of a few others getting the exact same treatment and honestly she only got her money back after going through consumer affairs.
  5. Hi guys & gals,

Thanks for your help so far on this.

Vic: Your information will be quite useful... I must admint I didn't think to try P.A.L.M. for PALM marketing when I was doing a web search.

Blu-Grl: Do you think you/your friend would be able to point me in the right direction for getting my money back? Should I go through the ACCC?

Again, thanks.
  6. Conclusion

Hi again everyone. Thanks for your help on this one.
    I was able to get a satisfactory outcome without resorting to outside intervention.
    It is my understanding that the problem is that the supply chain (manufacturing end) keeps reneging on promised deliveries.
    At this point MCTB will apparently not be accepting any new orders until stock is actually available.

Ride safe :)