Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Technical Training School ?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Yuri57, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Hi!
    I'm new to the forum, my name is Yuri, 22, willing to move to Ossie and become a motorcycle mechanic.

I'm interested in dirtbikes and racing a lot, can you recommend me any school where they train people for this kind of job?

2. you need to do an apprenticship. Don't think there's any other way to get qualified. May be wrong though.

It's Aus / Aussie btw.
  3. Sorry, whats the difference?
  4. You work four years going to TAFE three years of that (?) one day a week.

Get paid bugger all :(
  5. TAFE = school for grownups btw :)
  6. Ok, where to go?
  7. It's going to be hard for people to answer that - for starters it's a pretty big country :wink:

If I were you, I would try www.google.com.au but you might also try the TAFE website (clicky) and look for courses or call/email them to ensure you can do it as a foreign student.

I would also look at a jobs website (clicky) to make sure there are actually jobs around also.
  8. DO NOT!!! go through one of the programs where you sign up with a private training group and pay your way. I constantly get students knocking at our door asking for work 1 or 2 days a week. We will never employ on those terms and nor would any other decent company. To come to Australia with no formal qualifications in bike mechanics you will find it near impossible to gain employment.
  9. I'm planning to go to Sydney as I have some friends over there.

I could do the school and work something else (eg at building site) to have money for a living. The problem is... I found a school but its way too expensive ($12.000 / year)

Still lookin for a solution :/