Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle + Skateboard =

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jd, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Something that must have seemed like a good idea at the time, and should be coming soon to toy stores (and roads :rolleyes:) where you live:
    250W motor with a top speed of 16kph. Just fast enough to require thousands of dollars in dental work when a kid inevitably goes face first into the ground after hitting a small rock (as if any of them are really going to bother with a full face helmet)

Price is in the $500+ range, just in case your kids are already bored with their iPhone 5 - or could otherwise do with a solid smack in the face ;).

2. I kinda hope we pick up the ads for this. We'll get a few and I might have a go :D
  3. needs more power
  4. When I was a kid, I used to have a remarkably similar gadget that I made out of a skateboard and a golf trolley. Steering was done by moving part of the skateboard and ludicrous speed was achieved thanks only to gravity. Fun times! :)
  5. ...shouldn't be too hard to modify...
  6. Few boxes of these should do the trick
    Last time I checked there didn't actually seem to be any laws covering rocket propelled vehicles :)

Just make sure not to get the ones with the secondary forward facing charge :LOL:
  7. and what ever you do don't fart
  8. My brother has a thing for rockets, makes tonnes of them and lets them off at a park in Picnic Points. So long as you ring your local airport for clearance you're free to launch those things like a boss.
  9. Used to be you only had to do that if you were within a certain range of an airport, or planning to go above a certain height/motor size.

I used those little rockets when I was a kid out in the country and certainly never had to get clearance. Of course also had more than a few instances of them going everywhere but upwards :eek:. Fun times :LOL:.