Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle roller coaster theme park ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nous, Oct 18, 2007.

1. #1 nous, Oct 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    The claims:

"... a ride that allows everyone to experience the rush of motorcycle racing."

"... the hottest thrill ride to hit the coast this decade pushing adrenaline junkies to a brand new level."

It's a new roller coaster at Dreamworld called the Mick Doohan Moto Coaster Thrill Ride. Honestly, it's beyond me. It's look like strapping yourself and your motorbike to a rather mild roller kiddie coaster track. I say get yerselves on a REAL bike!

Dreamworld Ride page

oLSLiSVzdvQ[/media]]Youtube video of similar ride overseas

Check out the discussion on an Aussie Theme Park forum
  2. meh.. give me $40, I will give you a helmet, some gloves and a jacket.. then throw you on the back of an R1 and take it up to 270km/h.. the lighter you weigh, the faster we go ;) And we can throw in some corners on the Citylink off/on ramp to the westgate ;)
  3. From the site:

Max.speed 72km/hr or 20.2m/s

Hang onto your horses, 70 clicks thats almost mach 1.

0–65 km/h in 2 seconds

The closest to racing a real bike.

YEAH, enough said

0-65 in 2 seconds, may be close to a 250 I think the GP bikes may just be a little faster
  4. C'mon. They have to keep it safe for the kiddies.
  5. lol nice effort
  6. Has anyone actually given it a go? I want some reviews :grin:
  7. the line is friggin long, remember the giant drop when it was opened, and as all who have ridden a bike will find out, it is boring as, though the helment-less-ness was different but really not worth it.
  8. So we're talking somewhere between 415 and 690 volts running through the track this baby runs on.

I guess the sparks really do fly when you get a knee down...
  9. How did you work that out when you don't know the value of the current?
  10. Ktul i wierdly clever, mate
  11. that is standard delivery of 3 phase.
  12. I take it back, Ktulu. You still get that Nobel prize from the other day, though.
  13. ROFL, the ride doesn't sound to appealing to me, the idea of riding a fake motorbike just doesn't do it. I want to c some super roller coasters with mega flips & long drops, like they have in Europe.
  14. YAY!!!

this is what stump has been waiting for!!!

i will let you know asap

stump it up! :cool: