Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Related Art

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by QuarterWit, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Well, I've found myself poking around the net again and falling in love with this print:

Thieves.

And deciding whether or not to get it on stretched canvas or just matte cotton. There's a series of these available from here: http://www.society6.com/studio/silencetv/store drawings of classic triumphs, ducati's etc with various bits removed.

On a wall at my place I have my favourite ad for my bike:

IMG_0719.

Apologies for the pic.

And hidden away, without a good spot to put it yet, is this '70's ad for the Gold Belt line. It was only $20 or so and due to the terribly ugly face and very 70's pubic hair I had to get it. I just don't want to look at it every day so it's rolled up in my cupboard. (Here's hoping the mods decide we're mature enough to look at massive boozies. I think the forum is MA rated now anyway. But don't scroll down as it's a bit NSFW)

IMG_0726.

So I was wondering if anybody had anything similar hanging off their walls? Tom Fritz style stuff or old ads or sculpture etc. Post it up!

2. Team up with a winning pair! Love it.

I'm working towards getting this put on a canvas:

BLOGIOM1952pwheelie.

But I'm very lazy, so it hasn't happened yet.

3. MV, I'll seriously take one of those when it happens, please let me know!

4. Winning pair indeed. mmmmmmmmmmmwa om chom chom.

I like the "Mighty 500" pic. I dig "timeline" pics.

MV, I'll take one too. Nice.
    Who says smokin aint cool?
    (139 days durry free for me btw)

5. A bit of a plug, hope the mods don't mind.

Am starting another framing business late feb/early march and will be printing on canvas and various photographic and watercolour papers etc, if you can wait, I would love to give you a hand. If not send me a PM and I may be able to arrange something prior.

6. Not commercially, just for my own amusement.

Harvey Norman etc will print to canvas, just waiting for a sale ;)

7. Of course MV, but if you're happy to share the source image I'd love to hook up with Robbie in a month or so and get (at least...) a couple done?

8. Yeah, no worries! I think I have a hi res copy somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it out...

9. At your leisure brother - definitely wanna keep it "in-house" so I'll be waiting for Robbie's shop to open.

10. Probably a stupid question but is that the guy from the Great Escape?

11. Thanks for your support Nitekreeper will keep you informed.

12. I really hope you're kidding about 'that guy'!

Steve McQueen.

Man X20

13. Imagine dying a noble death such that, when you next open your eyes in the eternal City of God, there's Steve McQueen, T.E. Lawrence, Nietzsche and MacGyver waiting for you to join them at the table. St Paul is the anxious waiter. N gives you a slap on the back exclaiming, "Eh, Ubermensch!"

14. Yes, it is a stupid question. :p

I think the photo is a little older than Steve McQueen, but I have no idea who it is...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_McQueen

That's a lovely thought! (the only thing that lets it down is that MacGyver is [strike]immortal[/strike] not dead yet) =D>

15. class act :D