Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Quotes

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by conspiracytheorist, May 21, 2007.

1. cool.

i like this one "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."

we should put together a list of NR motorcycling quotes. i think there's often much more original, funny and powerful stuff written here.

2. Yep I agree
    :LOL: :LOL:
  3. try this one for size:

life is like wet gravel, one minute ur cruising along with ease, the next, ur on yr ass and can't get up

(courtesy of my son)
  4. "oh crap"
  5. A hint of cornyness but my fav:

6. Three of the most important aspects to riding like a pro - a fast bike, alot of skill and a silly insurance company.

7. +1 ........but I might be missing a couple :-$
  8. If I had a dollar for every time I heard this at the reefton spur :
    "I was packing darkies, I tell ya"

then I guarantee I'd be riding a ducati now.....
  9. Here are some more:

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.â€

Seen on a motorcycle’s rearviews:
    “Warning: objects seen in mirror are disappearing rapidlyâ€

Got a $5 head? Get a $5 helmet.

“There’s the V-4 thing: there’s just something about it that inline 4s don’t have, and V-twins have too much of.â€
    – Murray Duncan

“Life may begin at 30, but it doesn’t get real interesting until about 150.â€

If you’re going to lead, then lead. If you’re going to follow, get the hell out of my way!

“Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...â€
    – Hunter Thompson

“Keep thy eye on the tach, thine ears on the engine, least thy whirlybits seek communion with the sunâ€
    – John 4:50

“Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!â€

“Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don’t have the balls to live in the real world.â€
    – Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden

“I believe in treating everyone with respect, but, first you have to get their attention.â€

“Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existenceâ€.

If you think you don’t need a helmet, you probably don’t.

I would post the link but I can't yet as I don't enough posts.

10. If you can read this sticker, you'll be able to smell my farts.
  11. My favourite is'

Money is the root of all evil

And we all like a good root.
  12. yep they were all really funny, and i enjoyed so many of them but this one stuck out to me

"Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and lived"

and this is why everyone tells you to ride at your own pace..... because i have had just a glance at the so called "darkside" and it's not a place i personally ever want to visit