Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle outriggers

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by boz, Oct 7, 2005.

1. The link below is of a rider who uses retractable outriggers ('training wheels') on his bike for stabilisation at low speeds. Why? Well he has no legs...

4 megs: http://www.azoomm.com/Pics/Cheryl/Nexxt_drag_todd_short.wmv
    (link originally posted on exupbrotherhoodforum.com)

Very impressive! That is definitely commitment to riding.

I think some of the shorter riders on this site could benefit from a similar set up. :p
  2. bastard has a bit of a weight advantage :LOL: wonder how he'd go getting his knee.... ummm.... or stump down :shock: :LOL:

that is cool tho, i'd like to think i have the kind of passion it takes to keep going after losing a couple of legs :D top stuff....
  3. Best one I saw was a double amputee (no legs) who had a custom trike that he could roll his wheelchair onto, lock into place and away we go!

So cool. 8) I'm gonna do it when I lose my legs...

4. I had a mate over here, a Patriots member called 'Phantom' who had an outfit like that. Unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. This thread has made me think about him. I have never in my life known anybody with bigger cojones. No matter what shit life threw at him, he just carried on carrying on.........sadly missed.