Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Mechanic Recommendation [Bris] gsf250

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by tomm, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hi guys, I haven't had my baby bandit long and it has been really chewing through the fuel (150-170kms/12L :shock: ) and I'd like to make sure it's all working right. I'm looking for a good and fair motorcycle mechanic but I don't really know where to start. It's my first vehicle and I don't know what's a fair price or not... they all seem high so I want to do as much work myself as I can.

Maintainance wise I have done an oil change (not filter though) and other really basic stuff. I want to find out what is causing the mileage woes and intend on changing the oil filter (didn't have one) and sparkies (I couldnt fit my sparkie remover), could it also be a carby problem. Maybe piston rings as a while back I seemed to have lost a lot of oil and didn't find a leak but didn't notice any smoke.. Any ideas fellas?

Getting back to it, if you know of any good bike mechanics (or if you're a motocycle engine wiz that feels up to it :p) please give me a yell. Thanks a heap.
  2. if you're south, Tony Bogaarts's cycletune, logan road, underwood/slacks creek

He's worked on all 3 of my bikes :)
  3. Thanks tanya I'll be sure to follow it up.

Does anybody else have any recommendations? I am southside but do not mind going a bit out of my way for a better service.
  4. Sorry mate, haven't been here long enough to know.

Trust wot Tanya says, iirc, Tanya's a sales rep for bike stuff, so if anyone knows, she will!

(too bad about that weird habit of carrying toy kwaka's around tho 8-[ )