Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Mart

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by typhoon, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Twice I have ordered tyres from them, twice they got across the country in less than four days, and price is as good or better than anyone else.
    Big thumbs up!

Regards, Andrew.
  2. Then how do you go about fitting?
  3. I just throw the tyre and rim in the car and take it down the road to my local motorcycle shop.
    I've fitted one motorbike tyre to a rim, never again! Too much hard work!

Regards, Andrew.
  4. How much do they charge for fitting the tyre to the rim? It might cost you more than buying the tyre including fitting at your local bike shop.
  5. i get free fitting so ordering tyres isn't such a bad idea. i've been getting free tyres but when that gravy train stops, i might suss these guys out. if you had to pay for fitting i couldn't see it being more than $10-20 if you bring a loose rim.
  6. It's still cheaper including fitting. It costs me around $20, depending on type of rim and aggro factor. That includes new valve and balance. They just charge me at an hourly rate, which is very fair.
    The other advantage is I get the tyre I WANT, not what they have on the rack, or what brand they want to order in/try to talk me in to.
    The tyres I have bought no one stocks anymore (110/90/18). It's a real dinosaur fitment.

Regards, Andrew.