Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Maintenance Course - Holmesglen TAFE

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by lil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Just had our half load of junk mail for the week delivered and there was a short course guide for the next 6 months or so for Holmesglen TAFE in there. They are running a Basic Motorcycle Maintenance course; basic info below, or click the link for more detail.

Fee: $ 180.00# Course Hours: 9
    Course Code Date Day Time Duration Location
    MM080GE21 31 JUL Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080HE22 28 AUG Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080JE23 16 OCT Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080KE24 13 NOV Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone

http://www.shortcourses.holmesglen.vic.edu.au/crsmm080.html

I can highly recommend doing something like this, even if you never plan on doing your own servicing. It gives you a better understanding of how your bike works, what some of the technical terms are and it also means that if you get stuck at the side of the road with a broken clutch cable, you''ll know what to do and where to start.

:grin:

2. Sounds good - Wish I still lived in Melb to go along, am always up to learn something new

3. Try a local TAFE or short course centre. You'd be surprised how many of these things there are. I only posted this 'cos I read it. I don't often look at those guides any more as I'm busy enough with the other study I do.