Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Maintenance Course - Holmesglen TAFE

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by lil, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Just had our half load of junk mail for the week delivered and there was a short course guide for the next 6 months or so for Holmesglen TAFE in there. They are running a Basic Motorcycle Maintenance course; basic info below, or click the link for more detail.

Fee: $ 180.00# Course Hours: 9
    Course Code Date Day Time Duration Location
    MM080GE21 31 JUL Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080HE22 28 AUG Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080JE23 16 OCT Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone
    MM080KE24 13 NOV Tues 6-9pm 3 wks Chadstone

I can highly recommend doing something like this, even if you never plan on doing your own servicing. It gives you a better understanding of how your bike works, what some of the technical terms are and it also means that if you get stuck at the side of the road with a broken clutch cable, you''ll know what to do and where to start.

2. Sounds good - Wish I still lived in Melb to go along, am always up to learn something new
  3. Try a local TAFE or short course centre. You'd be surprised how many of these things there are. I only posted this 'cos I read it. I don't often look at those guides any more as I'm busy enough with the other study I do.