Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Mags - What are you reading?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by 99CIBBER, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Hi all, Just wondering what mags you guys are into and why. And if there are any international mags you could reccommend. I read Oz Road Rider mag as I like the travel stories and it's focussed more on touring on the bike rather than the performance aspects of bikes. (dyno testing etc) I noticed AMCN has recently started to publish travel stories and localised rides. Anyway looking forward to your input. Cheers!

2. post removed - same mag as you mentioned
  3. Anything that Boris doesn't write for.
    Thats my litmus test.
  4. Umm....its called 'the internet'

seriously, Cycle Torque is the only mag worth every cent of its cover price.

special note to Malley, fred gassit & Woose,
    I used to pay the price just to do my bit to see you 3 gents not go destitute, but lately (at least the last 6-8mths, if not more) 'the horror' has been absolute shyte.
  5. Just bikes & Motorcycle Trader are usually the only two I bother with. AMCN if I feel like it, sometimes Rapid bikes, Cycle Torque if I'm at a bike shop... Don't go out of your way to get it though.
  6. Big-uns' and Pent.... oh wait, wrong thread!:bolt:
  7. AMCN, mainly for the bike writeups and other interesting bits thrown in.

Classic Motorcycle Mechanics isn't bad either, although Ive heard it gets repetitive after a while - wouldn't have though otherwise really; there are only ever so many bikes that warrant 'classic' status at any one time...

Used to read Oz Road Rider but got a bit over it. Everythings great & every modern bike is better than the old ones and will find its place in the market... etc. But yes, they do some good writeups on the trips they do, I'll definitely give them that.

Cheers - boingk
  8. BSH these days
  9. Actually been doing that quiet a while and haven't bought any mags in a few months.

I buy road rider when I bump in to it at the newsagents.
  10. Didn't think of Borders for mags..Will check em' out. Cheers!
  11. I get Rapid magazine each month. Like the write-ups and the bike testing/comparison section.
  12. visordown.

Really like the features they do of the older bikes. Last month my dream bike was a mille/tuono. This month its a guzzi v7.
  13. I regularly read AMCN and Cycle Torque.

I only buy the other bike mags if there's more than one article that interests me.

Other than that I check out the MotoGP and WSBK sites and MCNEWS from time to time. Plus I'm on 5 different bike forums so I get a bit of news from everywhere.

When my wife worked for the local HD/Buell/Aprillia/Polaris dealer we bought 5 or six different magazines each month.
  14. 2 wheels has waaay too many oldies writing articles.... they are a load of crap, and are just full of whining and complaints..

Rapid and AMCN are pretty good.