Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Long Range Fuel Tanks

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by dan, Jul 20, 2005.

1. http://blogs.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/07192005093558MWEAX2.htm

"Yet another nifty idea waiting to happen. Adventure riders, long distance motorcyclists or motorcycles with small gas tanks often want to continue riding and not have to stop every few miles in order to tank up.

The Tour Tank is the ideal alternative to bring a jerrycan full of petrol. The 2 gallon (7.5 liters) tank is fitted on your motorcycle using the steel mounting brackets, preferably somewhere on the back. "

Read on...

2. The adventure touring lot have some interesting mods around. I've seen small 2 litre tanks which replace the sidecovers on early GS BMWs and connect in. There's also a bolt-on tank that goes onto the rear rack that I've seen around.

If you rreally want to go adventure touring though I'd go for the US military version of the KLR650 Kwaka. The diesel engine gives you a range of 1000k and a top speed of 140kph.