Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle friendly accommodation in Tamworth?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Its the Pleats, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Just as the title says, anyone recommend a good place to stay in Tamworth?

Looks like it will be mid-week, get in at dinner time and leave early the next morning so doesn't have to be flash but undercover parking would be a bonus!

2. I guess that's a no!
  3. Last time I went through was in November, and I stayed overnight at the Quest. Mind you, what I was driving had 14 wheels instead of 2 so I parked on the street, but they have off street parking and pretty comfy serviced apartments. Anywhere reputable should do you fine I would imagine!

4. Have you been to Tamworth before????

I went there once, walked into where I had booked, and walked straight out again. Nothing against the town, just level of accommodation.
  5. Hahaha I guess i got lucky! That was the one and only time I've been there and I think I was stopped for a total of 10 hours max, so while 100% of my experience was positive, your milage may vary!
  6. There a couple of places to stay there that have undercover parking. Quest is a good place, there are one or two near the river that also look like they would be good. I have been there a number of times, but never in motels as the in-laws live there.
  7. Try the Quality Hotel Powerhouse - which coincidentally is right next door to the Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum.
  8. Thanks all, I'll hit those mentioned places up on wotif.

PS I like Tamworth! Not sure why exactly, just feels kindda welcoming!
  9. The pub at Bendemeer (not far from Tamworth) is very motorcycle friendly. We have an event there every year. Very small town tho.