Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Dealers in melb

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by noobie_rider, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm looking to upgrade to a second hand -600 bike and i'd like to get it from a dealer in melbourne. Does anyone recommend a good moto dealer (in melb and surrounding areas) and dealers that i should STAY CLEAR FROM?

I got my first bike from SUMOTO so i don't wish get ripped off again!!! :(

2. Go to one that gives you the best service & the best deal.
  3. Hi, just my opinion but i have always found it better to buy private. been burnt from some dealers. good luck though.
  4. As long as you have the bike thoroughly checked over it's typically recommended that you buy privately. You'll usually get a better price (even with the cost of a pre-purchased inspection), and will be able to inquire about the bike and get a good general impression of how it's been ridden / maintained.

I don't know the exact legal details but the 'warranties' offered on used bikes bought from dealers don't seem to be worth squat. Since you're upgrading I'll assume you've already got (at least most of the required) gear so there's not too much point in buying from a dealer in order to get better prices there.
  5. Im just curious... my friend is about to buy a bike from SUMOTO, how did the rip you off?? :(
  6. Just do a search for 'sumoto' on this site ... there's plenty to read!!!!!
  7. Thanks guys,

Buying from a dealer is probably more convenient than buying privately so that's why I asked. I guess i'll have to look further.

And to 'Fastkid' ... I would suggest that your friend buy a bike somewhere other than SUMOTO. There are enough links on this forum for you and your mate to figure out that SUMOTO are no good. For me ... i paid about $1500 more than what the bike is worth and when i had a real mechanic look at it, I forked out another $500 to fix the rest of the bike.