Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle dealers in Melb?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by hyujhyuj, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Hi everyone, how are you all? I am a newcomer to this forum :)

Other than Peter Stevens, does anyone here know of some good motorcycle dealers? Peter Stevens is great, but I do feel the prices are just a tad too high. If there is no other good ones, then I will go to Peter Stevens.

I have been to spot on motorcycles, motorcycle city, etc both in Elizabeth Street. I am looking to buy a 2nd hand Ninja Kawasaki since I just got my learner permit a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance guys

<edit> Check the forums Hyu. Thread moved this time, next time it gets deleted.
  2. If you are buying second hand then bike sales or gumtree are your friends, go private sale not a dealer .
  3. THanks for the replies guys, but I don't really prefer buying from a private seller since I cannot really know what has happened with the bike, no warranty, etc. Generally...its safe to buy from a dealer even if its more expensive
  4. Buy what you can afford,if its older than a couple of years you wont get a warranty at all.Look at the service history of the bike and make a couple of calls to make sure there legit.Look at the service history for the bike,modern bikes should be good for 70 to 100 k if looked after and serviced at the required time.Oils changes and valve clearance ,the list is endless if the services have been done, second hand would be the way to go for a cheap lams bike.(y) Just my opinion sure others may not agree.
  5. Purchased both my bikes from A1 Motorcycles (A1 Kawasaki, Then A1 Motorcycles) in Brighton. Great experiences both times and cheaper than PS on both occasions.
  6. And A1 has got another shop In Ringwood as well...
  7. There are people around like Brett from Mad Biker in FTG who offer to check over a bike your thinking of purchasing as a professional service...

Just sayin because even adding the cost of the inspection, buying 2nd hand privately as opposed to through a stealer can save you heaps.
  8. THanks everyone

I just feel its pretty hard to get a 2nd hand Ninja, with less than $5000. All the dealers I have been to all say $5000 is the average price....I love it so much but if this is the case I have no option but to hunt for another bike.

Currently thinking Hyosung GT 250 VS Honda CBR250
  9. If you're willing to make the journey, then you could try Race Replica in Brooklyn in Melbourne's inner west.

10. Ninja 300? I sold mine a couple of weeks ago for less than $5k. You'll find private sellers who would be willing to go less than $5k. As someone suggested, my for your peace if mind, get someone to check it.

Also remember that the bikes come with a 2 year warranty (30k? Warranty) from the day it left the showroom.
  11. Don't do it....never good to settle for 2nd or 3rd best..you'll always be going 'what if'

Team green..with the 300 being the pick of the duo, the only way to fly

But hey, I'm just a little biased