Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Crashes Into Minivan

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by pragnasty, Jun 19, 2005.

1. found this footage of a bloke (or sheila)
    being cut off silly bugger :?

2. Found what footage?
  3. What footage?
  4. Oh praaaaaaaaaaag......how about sharing this footage?
  5. You know, the footage!
  6. I remember a scene in Mad Max where the police car drives through a minivan...

"Better send a meat truck, Charlie's copped a saucepan in the throat"

Romour has it that it was a real 'accident' involving the make-up van (hence the white powder everywhere) that was just too good to leave out of the movie.
  7. Oooooooh......thaaaaaat footage....now im hip....
  8. You have competion now Dazza . Thats a great video :shock: .
  9. We all like to sign along in our helmets to the current song stuck in our head but I think you've taken it just a tad too far....

Time to seek professional help.

*backs away slowly with a reassuring smile*
  10. ooo,there was a sign there!Well that completely admonishes the moron in the car from using an indicator then. :roll:

v_quixotic: That bongo van that was cleaned up in Mad Max was actually Kennedy Millers car,it was a staged scene.The bit that was an accident was when one of the bikers gets his head smacked into by the front wheel of a bike he had just crashed,nearly killed him. It was the scene when Max comes roarin through the group of bikes on the bridge.

11. I didn't say that! It was just a dumb time to overtake, no point being so narky, like you expect cars to do what they are meant to??
    Sheesh, learn to predict what could happen. (directed at the rider in the video)
  12. lol,you didnt say that exactly,but thats exactly what you implied :D :LOL: I'm not being narky,if i was you'd definately know about it :D :LOL: :LOL:

13. Maybe, but when i wrote it i wasn't thinking about that at all.
    I was just thinking if it was me in the same postion, i would have been shitty with myself for not thinking ahead, ie. wait to overtake until past the turn off.
    Why be 'right' on such a small point when in general cars don't indicate anywhere near as much as they should anyway! I couldn't even count how many times i've seen cars fail to indicate. I'm beyond getting upset by it, i sort of expect it. And as a result i try to predict what may happen before it actually does. That's not so unreasonable is it?
    Or maybe just verbally bashing the car driver is the easiest and most satisfactory explanation!! :roll:
  14. Yep,car drivers suck,end of story :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

15. I'm still keen on seeing the footage you actually were referring to!!!
  16. I agree with marty. Its the riders fault. If that same thing happened to me Id be filthy with myself. Over double unbroken lines, which isnt the bad thing, but doing it where there is a chance of the car turning. Pretty daft thing to do. If you look at the markings on the road, it actually goes left, hence no need for an indicator. Bikes fault 100%
  17. yeah that footage. hahaha
    im sure i posted that link....
    good pickup ROY G BIV :D
    its the same footage... :)
    im getting old and delusional.