Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Covers/Cocoons

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by Haysey, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Ive just purchased a new bike (will put pics up when i take delivery... IM EXCITED) and obviously its newer and nicer than my current bike which sleeps outside...

So my question is, how do you protect and cover your bike?

The best cover i saw was a cocoon which had a hard base, a pivot point in the middle and it was a silver protective tent which enclosed the bike from the elements totally after you rolled the bike onto the base and pulled the cover over (if anyone gets me)....

There is no garage, the car lives in a carport which dosent protect the car much, and there about 7 stairs up and down from the street to the front of the house so would be hard to get the bike into the house too.....

Im kinda hoping i can find a proper cocoon for the bike rather than a general cover because its in great nick and i dont want to ruin it...

Cheers

2.  Top
  3. park it inside (make a ramp theres plenty of threads about it), tell your spouse or significant other if they dont like it then they can sleep in the carport.

seriously...any bike cover is fine (shouldnt scratch it). but no substitute for the peice of mind of a garage

4. Wayne, that was kinda what i was looking for, cept the one ive seen was a bit smaller and had a base built into it... Cheers for the link

slickncghia - the stairs are reasonable steep and i cant see me riding a large and heavy bike up and down a ramp without something to told onto, maybe an inclinator would do?
    Plus I still live at home and i dont think mum would be too happy about a large smelly motorbike in the front of the house (Ive already asked) Its a pretty quiet area though so its not mainly for security...

5. Bingo

Profileweb.

Now to find them in australia!

6. Cool - don't forget to post a link. Looks good.

Wayne