Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle courier needed for AMCN story

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by AMCNJOURNO, May 17, 2013.

1. #1 AMCNJOURNO, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
    Hi everyone,
    I’m in the process of writing a three page news feature on the recent lane splitting trial in Sydney. Would be great if I could include a couple of quotes from a motorcycle courier as well as a photo. Can anyone hlep out? Would probably just need to catch up with a rider for 15 minutes maximum on Monday or Tuesday in the CBD for a quick chat and to grab a photo of him / her on a bike in traffic. Please PM me here as I can't post my email link. thanks Chris

2. pm me your email and i'll post it for you Chris
  3. Try to call it a filtering trial not a splitting trial. The two need to be kept separate as one is a legal impossibility and one is very likely. Motorcyclists need to clearly define this or we have no hope of either.
  4. Yes I agree - I always refer to it as filtering when writing articles but for the past 25 years I have called it splitting

5. Cool ill look forward to reading that.
  6. Agree about calling it lane filtering rather than splitting.
    I'm thinking here that when people who don't ride bikes and need to be convinced positively of the concept, we don't want to conjure up nightmare scenarios in their minds.
    I really hope filtering gets through. I also wish we could park our bikes on the footpaths as they do in Melbourne.
  7. Still after a Sydney based Motorcycle courier if anyone can help with a quote
  8. I assume you've tried contacting courier companies directly?