Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Clubs in VIC

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by randy_andy, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. Hi guys,

    I was intrested in getting my recreation licence so that i can do a couple of practice laps around a race track on my CBR 600RR.
    Someone suggested that i join a motorcycle club. Does anyone know much about these clubs? If so can anyone recommend a good moto club (i live in West Melbourne)?

  2. Look in back section of BIKE TRADER mag,they have a listing of every club under the sun(apart from Netrider :roll: )
  3. Clubs Listing

    Become a financial member and you can then obtain a race licence OR a recreational licence from MV/MA.

    Call Broadford (for you, the closest) for the next practice day (call 03 5784 4163).

    Doing it this way is not cheap. CLub membership around $50, MA rec licence of $85, you need ambulance cover (or private health with ambulance). Broadford is $110 for the day. A Champions Ride Day is $135.00

    If you plan on doing heaps, or racing, it's worthwhile, otherwise a standard track day might be the way to go for you.
  4. I think a track day would be what you're after. You don't need to be a club member to do this or any special sort of license.

    You do need to be a club member to do races.

    Check out the Broadford and Winton websites, they both put on heaps of track days and practice days, for pretty cheap.

    Typically you'll just need leathers (top and bottom or 1 piece), boots, gloves and helmet.

    Have fun!