Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle business fire in news (Melbourne)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by undii, Mar 22, 2005.

1. I don't know if anyone knows the place in question but.

From http://theage.com.au/news/National/Police-wrap-Shots-fired-into-house/2005/03/22/1111253987351.html

2. I hope this bloke was insured otherwise he has to pay a huuuge Bill.
    Also if he was using his premises as a backyard repair shop I wonder if any customer's bikes will be covered by his business.
    Something tells me he will be filing for bankruptcy.

3. That would have to be Sunshine MotorCycle Engineering :facepalm:
    Heard only a few things about it, but by those accounts a reputable business that does some great things with engine based performance mods, and custom made bikes. Glad the guy got out relatively OK, and thoughts to him for the loss of his home.

4. Sorry to hear this, glad he's ok would be happy to offer any help I can give!

5. the blokes name is simon,he is a really top bloke,i have delt with him in the last 6years.
    i must admit he had alot of junk in his house and garden,so that must have all caught on fire.
    he doesnt have insurance so he is in trouble

6. Is he a nice enough bloke to hold a fund raiser for?

7. Count me in!

8. Being a nice bloke won't help him if he doesn't have insurance for the bikes he was working on :-/

9. How can he set a workshop without insurance? :?: :? :? :shock:

You sure he don't has any insurance for his workshop?

:roll: :? :roll:

10. A realy sad thing... I was have delt with Simon for many years... he tought me how to ride a motorbike and over the years he has helped me build all my rides... He has helped so many bike owners over the years with advice and parts... His workshop will be missed...

If there is a fund raser I'm in!!!

11. Hey does anyone have simon's mobile number, i had just finished my bike there two weeks ago. Must try to get in touch to see if he is okay and stuff.