Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle aware P Plater - Thank You

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by FastR1Red, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Went for a spin to Noojee today, back through Healesville, Chum Creek Rd, Toolangi, Kinglake etc.

Saw an older model Silver/White Commodore 200m or so in front of us. We were right on the speed limit so no probs. Got to the 100 zone and started pegging a little, caught him and the minute I came up behind he veered off the road to let me pass,,,,bl00dy great timing and he must have been watching all the way. Then my mate got to him, he did exactly the same thing.
    Had green P's on the car, the young guy was obviously very motorcycle aware. Thanks mate if you're on this forum. I would've been happy to have a coffee with him at Kinglake.

2. Come on mate.

If someone started a thread every time a car saw a bike, there would be 15 new threads.[-(

3. he was totally just g-ing you up so he could run you down later.

(sorry, typical netrider negative/paranoid response)

4. #4 Dougz, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Nice to see some thanks instead of cynical comments.

Oh wait...

5. You don't know me, you don't know how I ride and I'm not your mate. GF.

6. #6 Dougz, Jan 29, 2012
    Dude, its the interweb. Learn to take a ribbing or don't be here. Don't get so defensive.

7. #7 FastR1Red, Jan 29, 2012
    LOLZ I'm having a little fun with him, I feel happy with my Jack and coke hehe.

8. Oh and I got some really good comebacks when I'm half tanked..ROFL,,,please let me use em,,,,now wheres all those smiley thingeys??

9. Hit me with them.

Nah, seriously, I've seen a car pull to the side too - but it turned out they were just sending an sms and took their eyes off the road!!!

10. lol...

11. #11 Dougz, Jan 29, 2012
    Shweet

12. This happens fairly often on the old pac i find, however the guy that pulled over onto the wrong side of the road to let me past was probably taking the concept a bit far, considering he pulled right into the exit of a blind corner that is generally taken fast by most riders.