Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Motorcycle Auto Electrician in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by Bosley Coombes, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Can anybody recommend a auto electrician in the Melbourne area who is competent working on modern motorcycles?

2. whats the bike and you need doing?

3. Thank you. Have you used their services?

4. Hi Bosley, he was recommended to me by a mate who had some coil problem and he { Jack @ city auto elec} sorted it out. I called to discus my issue and he gave me a few options over the phone,and told me to check those options out before I commit to have him have a look, as his hourly rate is $100.00 .
    The option worked.

5. This was my experience as well. Phoned City Auto and was given advice over the phone which led me to solving my problem.
    Curiously, the advice given me was to simply replace the offending part. I rejected that advice as there was no evidence that spending that kind of money was necessary since no diagnosis of the problems had been performed.
    I then spent an interesting afternoon doing my own diagnosis exercise with an electrically minded friend and we determined that the problem was a mismatched plug. A $6 part.
    Saved myself a few hundred dollars right there and City auto did not benefit in any way. Their loss.